A few Sundays ago I went to The Sanderson for their Mad Hatters Afternoon. First things first no you don't have to dress!
For those of you that have never heard of the Afternoon tea at The Sanderson. It is amazing!
You just have to let the food, atmosphere and location do the talking....
The Sanderson is a five star hotel located behind Oxford Street with a killer interior! The designs are amazing with sofas in the shape of lips and all things sophisticated everywhere.
When you enter the Tea Party it is almost like your walking into a 5 star Alice in Wonderland.
Your first greeted with a cocktail or glass or champers (non alcoholic or alcoholic)! They then bring out your cake stand and everything has a link to Alice in Wonderland and makes you feel like you have just stumbled across a Mad Hatters Tea Party!
The menu includes:
- Traditionally pots of tea
- Ice cream lollipops
- Lollies that make your mouth go from hot to cold
- Scones, clotted cream and jam. Literally the best scones I've ever had still dreaming about them 2 weeks later.
- A Drink me potion - It doesn't make you a giant or shrink but it does taste like passion fruit, coconut and froth.
- A coffee cake in the shape of a clock
- Eat me strawberry mousse
- Last but not least rainbow coloured sandwiches!!
We all left feeling stuffed to the hilters and it is most definitely something I would love to treat myself to again!If you ever consider going to an afternoon tea I strongly suggest you checkout The Sanderson!
Has anyone else ever been to The Sandersons Mad Hatters Afternoon Tea?