Tuesday 13 December 2011

How to remove glitter polish - easily and quickly

I know you have all been there, done that and got the t-shirt when it comes to the painful scrubbing of removing glitter polishes. Especially this time of year when it's wrong not to have some glitter on your paws.

So, today I bring you the easiest way to remove any sparkles you may choose to coat your nails with this Christmas.

What you will need:
  • 5-10 minutes
  • nail varnish remover - I used Sally Hansen moisturising polish remover
  • Cotton wool - pads or balls
  • Some foil or cling film - I used cling film as we had run out of foil
1. Soak a cotton wool with a polish remover


2. Hold over your finger. I only used it on my ring finger and thumb as I only had glitter varnish on these nails.


3. Then wrap each finger in either cling film or foil


4. Sit tight for 5-10 minutes depending on how many coats of glitter you have.


5. Remove the cotton wool and you will be left with something like the above. It's not a pretty sight but I wanted to show you how effective this method is! The nail varnish had completely been removed on my thumb.


6. Tah dah! Give your nails a quick clean and you are left with glitter free nails without the effort of scrubbing! A couple of my fingers looked bruised but is was the ink from the fineliner pen I used to draw on my tiger stripe nails.

What kind of glitter nails will you be supporting for Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment